Core Exercise Demo - How To Do The Zercher Squat
The Zercher Squat
The Zercher Squat, as the name implies is a squat variation.
As legend goes the Zercher Squat was invented in prison. Lacking weight and equipment the lift was born out of necessity.
Unlike other squat variations the bar is supported by your arms. As you'll see in the videos the barbell is help in the crook of your arm. For this reason a fat-bar is recommended.
The Zercher squat is great at building muscle. If you want to see your quads and traps grow give them a try.
If you can bear the pain you'll develop a stronger core and even bigger biceps.
With all it's positive side effects you'll probably skip them because:
- You've never seen them before. You'll be the only one in your gym doing them.
- They are brutally hard.
- They hurt everywhere.
- You never knew how effective they were.
If you can push through the discomfort, this exercise - along with all the other Zercher variations - can completely transform your physique.
Zercher Squat Tips
- If you don't have a fat-bar, wrap a towel around the bar.
- Feet are wide and toes point out slightly.
I recommend you do this exercise inside a squat rack.
- Lock your hands together and place the bar in the crook of your elbow. (It should look like your arms are crossed with a bar running through them.)
- With the bar in position take a slightly wider than shoulder width stance and toes slightly pointed out.
- To sink into your squat push your hips back and bend your knees.
- To stand drive your heels into the floor and straighten your legs.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Other Core Exercises Worth Trying
For Even More Inforation
Exercise And Muscle Database
Be sure to see more on the exercise demos and the muscle group database.
Have any questions, comments, or want to know more about Fitness Doctrine you can click here to get in touch.
Looking for quick answers? Visit the resource page…
Click here for resources.
Find It On Fitness Doctrine
Free Access To Your Perfect Body Blueprint.
No more lies!
The internet is jammed packed with muscle building and fat loss information. Sorting through all the hype and lies can be a nightmare.
There's just so much it's mind blowing. Then when you think you've found what you're looking for something else pops up and says the opposite.
Talk about frustrating.
Download the Fitness Doctrine Perfect Body Blueprint and put an end to your searching.
Click the link below to get instant access...