How To Use The Barbell Complex
To Build Muscle
and Burn Fat
On the other hand, you could workout in a gym with with every equipment you will ever need, and a barbell complex routine could be your best workout in a while. It’s a great way to to build muscle, burn fat, and even get in some conditioning.
Barbell workoukt and a bar complex are different. A barbell workout is
simply a workout that use a barbell for the majority of the lifts. It may look like this…
- 6 sets of squats
- 5×5 on the bench
- 5×10 bent over rows
A bar complex would fall under a barbell workout, but it’s a very different animal. Again, your only going to a barbell. But here’s where it gets different, and a little crazy….
- Every exercise is done back to back. No breaks, as soon as one exercise is finished do the next.
- Once you grab the bar you don’t let go until the set is over.
- 99% of the time you don’t change weight for any of the exercises.
That’s it. It may not sound like much but wait until you try it. These things will gas you. Perfect for burning fat, building muscle, building up your work capacity and providing a little cardiovascular conditioning
One benefit of doing bar complexes is how much work gets done in such little time.
Before you get started watch the video below to get a few tips. Travis Stoetzel goes into a few rules of the barbell complex.
In this next video, Travis talks about…
- how much weight to use
- what order to do your exercises in
- how to progress your complexes
- the best way to use complexes in your workout
To see a few barbell complexes in action watch the clips below.
Barbell Complex 1